Transformer Dissectable 230V
$895.00 excl. GST
A transformer is a static electrical device that transfers electrical energy between two or more circuits through electromagnetic induction. Transformers are used to increase or decrease the alternating voltages in electric power applications.
The IEC Dissectible Transformer is a very useful instrument for the teaching of transformer theory and many other AC phenomena. It is designed to be strong and have a long life. The standard kit contains:
• 1x ‘U’ and ‘I’ laminated core, 35x35mm section, with feet for stability.
• 1x Strong clamp with integral carry handle.
• 1x Primary coil, mains voltage, with on/off switch and removable mains cable.
• 1x Secondary coil, low voltage with tappings for adding and subtracting voltages.
• 1x Spot welding coil with handles.
• Quantity of metal strips for spot welding.
• 1x Melting ring to demonstrate Induction Heating.
• 1x Heavy aluminium ring to demonstrate Thompson’s effect.
Supplied inside a sponge foam lined carton for protection. Experiments included. Supervision is required due to HIGH VOLTAGE. MANY EXPERIMENTS ARE VERY SAFE BUT PLEASE BE SURE TO KEEP STRICT SUPERVISION WHEN THE HIGH VOLTAGE EXPERIMENTS ARE IN PROGRESS.